Vietnam, My Son Sanctuary World Heritage Site

Destinations

» » Vietnam, My Son Sanctuary World Heritage Site

Located in the Duy Xuyen district of the Quang Nam Province of central Viet nam, the My Son sanctuary is 45km west of Hoi An and 70km south of Da Nang. This sanctuary area is known as the most significant Champa architectural and sculptural monuments in the country and was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. In a valley surrounded by mountains, My Son was the site of a religious center for the capital of the Champa Kingdom.


My Son sanctuary

This Vietnamese heritage site consists of eight groups of tower temples cover a period from the 10th to the 13th centuries, and this chronology is reflected in different architectural styles. The temples are constructed in fired brick with stone pillars and decorated with sandstone bas-reliefs depicting scenes from Hindu mythology. The major style of architecture and sculptural motifs derives directly from Indian civilization. It is an excellent example of ancient and historical cultural exchange, with the introduction of the Hindu architecture of the Indian subcontinent into Southeast Asia.


My Son sanctuary

The towers of the My Son sanctuary are the most significant constructions of the My Son civilization. They boast a wide variety of architectural designs and are constructed in fired brick and decorated with sandstone bas-reliefs that depict scenes from the Hindu mythology.


My Son sanctuary

Read more ho chi minh mausoleum opening hours
Besides being considered evidence of the Cham’s sophisticated engineering and construction skills, My Son also represents the spiritual faith of the Champa kingdom.



Explore vietnam places to visit with Hivietnam: find out when to go, view itineraries and read about lakes, bays, street food and water puppets.

Share

You may also like

Không có nhận xét nào

Leave a Reply

Feature